Love.Intimo

I used to love going lingerie shopping. I could wander around in a boutique for an hour trying on different lacy bras. Since I had Minibun George, it has become rather hard to go bra shopping with him. Insert images of Minibun George yanking lacy bras here

So when I found out about Intimo and the private fitting services provided by Carys Martin, I was thrilled and surprised to find that there are services like that out there; it was like I had unearthed an ancient treasure. With a short phone call, an appointment was set to have her meet me for a fitting, in the comfort of my own home. To be honest, I was slightly nervous prior to the session, I mean, getting undressed in front of a  complete stranger isn’t exactly my cup of tea. I have a confession to make: I have never ever had a bra fitting before… yep, true story. You know I had always imagined how awkwardly uncomfortable it would be for me, and my uncomfortableness would probably make the professional uncomfortable, and before you know, it just gets, well, really really awkward.

On Wednesday morning, I dropped off Minibun George at kindy, then headed home to calm my excitement about the appointment. At 11am on the dot, the doorbell rang. I opened the door to a brunette lady with a warm smile on her face, who introduced herself as Carys. With her, was a medium sized suitcase. She followed me upstairs to the bedroom and briefly explained about the brand before opening up the luggage. The moment when she opened her luggage, it was like, poof! a pop up lingerie shop appeared. During the fitting, I found out more about the brand from Carys; Intimo pride themselves on creating that “feel good fit” for every woman and each design offers a unique combination of style, fit and comfort, and you don’t need to worry if your bra comes from some non-reputable manufacture as all their collections are manufactured to the highest quality in terms of production, ethical, social and environmental standards. I realised that having my bra professionally fitted wasn’t awkward at all, Carys has had over 10 years experience in this field, and she made the process pleasantly comfortable. 

Let’s face it, while a lot of people out there like to think that breasts have the same perfect shape, they are not. Beautiful breasts come in all different shapes and sizes, so why would you expect that there’s a bra that would fit all? And then there’s the question of whether you go for a t-shirt bra, strapless bra, crossback bra, contour bra or plunge bra. I’m so glad that I finally had my bra professionally fitted as it turned out I was wearing the wrong size all along, and I thought I knew myself pretty well.  

When Carys left, I made a promise to myself that I would always wear the right size and take good care of my bras. After all, it’s one of the closest things to a woman’s heart and you don’t want to choose the wrong one. 

If you are interested in ordering or making a private fitting appointment, Carys can be contacted on Facebook, Instagram, by phone (0416 776 075) or email carys.martin@intimo.com.au. Use the code “DOLCEBUNNIE” to get free shipping! 


Disclaimer: with thanks to Carys Martin at Intimo for providing me with this great private fitting experience and introducing me to my first ever set of Intimo lingerie. 









Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment