Living La Dolce Vita with Palazzo Versace | Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA

When I think about Palazzo Versace on the Gold Coast, the first two words that come to mind are Italian and luxury. The moment when you step into the resort, you’ll no doubt be blinded by the sparkly antique chandelier that was once admired by many in the State Library of Milan. As I previously described  in my post on our stay at this luxurious property two years ago, its lavish Italian opulence is in your face; think of the simplistic, understated décor of Armani hotels and the Palazzo Versace is the complete opposite of it. I love every bit of it, the grandeur, the lavishness, the vibrant colours and let’s not forget the extravagant lagoon swimming pool. 

There’s no doubt that at Palazzo Versace, guests can expect the utmost quality in service as no request is too big here. If you want to shop at the Hermes or Versace boutique after hours, then you got it. Yet still, they think of more ways to spoil you. How is that even possible? Well, I wouldn’t have believed it until I experienced it firsthand. 

I arrived at Le Jardin at 11am on Tuesday and I was met by a group of gorgeously dressed women. We were there for the ultimate luxury shopping spree hosted by Palazzo Versace and stylist Simone Bennett-Smith. Thoughtfully curated and available by appointment only, guests will meet their own stylist and personal shopper Simone Bennett-Smith at Le Jardin for a styling assessment before disembarking on a seriously chic retail therapy adventure, which will end with Champagne high tea and a blissful spa pedicure in Aurora Spa. It’s really an opulent shopping experience - like no other.

The Champagne high tea was absolutely delicious. The three-tiered stand held everything from black olive & truffle pinwheel to rum & raisin mille-feuille, from Versace signature macarons to blue swimmer crab cornet (topped with caviar, naturally). Afterwards, we excitedly made our way to the Versace boutique housed in the resort where we browsed through items from the most current collection, and I drooled over a pair of Medusa pumps, and a few Palazzo Empire totes… ok, and maybe a few pairs of earrings. Ahh, I have such a weakness for Versace. 

If you love shopping as much as I do, you’ll be thrilled to know that the Versace boutique isn’t the only shop that you will visit. It’s not called a shopping spree for no reason. Guests will be chauffeured to the newly revamped Pacific Fair Shopping Centre, in one of the hotel’s twin bespoke Rolls-Royce Phantoms complete with Palazzo Versace’s iconic Medusa heads embroidered in black satin stitching, in addition to a gold inlay on the front passenger fascia, set against a Walnut Burr wood veneer. That, my darling, cost $1.8 million dollars a pop (unofficially).  As we arrived at Pacific Fair, Simone took us to a number of boutiques (both Australian and International designers), including Harrolds. I browsed through many items, felt different fabrics and tried on jewellery as Simone explained the brands and styles to us. I was like a kid in a candy store, only this time the candies were Tom Ford, Balenciaga, Manning Cartell…

In a timeframe of a few hours, I had enjoyed a delicious Champagne high tea, sat in a $1.8mil bespoke Rolls Royce Phantom, tried on a $300,000 diamond ring the sparkles from which almost blinded me, and of course given the royal treatment from all the boutiques. It was an incredible experience that I would definitely talk about to everyone at Christmas parties to come. 

La Dolce Vita - perfectly interpreted by Palazzo Versace. 


Disclaimer: with thanks to Palazzo Versace Gold Coast for providing DolceBunnie with such a wonderful experience. Now I know that I will never want to be a reformed shopaholic. Please note that the views and opinions expressed in this post are as always, my own.



























Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment