127 Bar and Bistro | 127 Charlotte Street, BRISBANE CBD QLD 4000

Recently, I found out that one of my favourite bloggers moved into the CBD, a breakfast gathering was inevitable.

So early one morning, three bloggers who live in the CBD met up at 127 Bar and Bistro for some overdue catchups and equally as important; wholesome breakfast.

By the time I arrived at 127 Bar and Bistro with minibun George, who I might add was appropriately dressed in his fluffy Panda suit (it's imperative to teach him dress to impress from an early age), the other two bloggers had already arrived. I quickly ordered a pot of Chai ($4) before joining into the conversation. The chai was slightly disappointing as I was expecting the loose leaf tea brewed with milk, but instead it was served with water and a tea bag for infusion. Never mind.

Food wise, I ordered a hot smoked salmon blini ($18) which was served with herbed crème fraîche and watercress. It was a simple dish with very few ingredients and it was actually exactly what I was after. I liked the taste of the cooked smoked salmon and I found the portion to be quite generous. The other two bloggers opted for the truffle scrambled eggs w' toasted brioche ($18) and both of them created their own versions by adding additional ingredients like roasted mushrooms ($6) and streaky bacon ($6) to the dish. I must admit that the look of the truffled eggs was very tempting.

I left feeling happy for the rest of the day, but I wasn't sure if it was the breakfast or the great company that gave me a great start to the day.


Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $25








127 Bar and Bistro on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment