The Moray Cafe | Shop1/158 Moray Street, New Farm QLD 4005

Sometimes, it’s the simple pleasures in life that bring out the most happiness. Like a perfectly poured cup of coffee, or a bowl of warm chia pudding… or the combination of both.

I like heading out for a good breakfast on Saturdays because I feel like there’s nothing better than a good, delicious breakfast to kick start a beautiful weekend. So last Saturday, we took a short drive to The Moray Cafe to get our hungry tummies satisfied.

I first came across The Moray quite a few years ago when I was on the hunt for fried chicken and waffles. Stepping through the doors on the weekend, I was surprised to see that The Moray has completely changed; the owners, the menu, the decor, the whole kit. It seemed a lot more sophisticated; palm leaf print splashed across one side of the cafe, fresh flowers adorned the intimate, airy space, dark timber flooring met with cowhides, and I couldn’t take my eyes off the goodies sitting inside the glass cabinet at the entry.

The other travel bunnie and I both started our day with coffee - delicious and completely necessary. Feeling slightly under the weather, I opted for the chia pudding ($15) - quinoa and chia served with blueberries, caramelised banana, almond milk and toasted coconut flakes and seeds. The generous portion really took me by surprise. It was exactly what I wanted. Warm and comforting, the caramelised banana had a thin layer of crunch and blended extremely well with the chia pudding, while the toasted coconut flakes and seeds provided an additional crunchy texture to the dish.

The other travel bunnie was after something scrumptious and wholesome to start the day, and The Moray ($21) sounded like the perfect dish - crispy bacon and poached eggs, thyme roasted portobello mushrooms, potato rosti, chorizo and tomato jam served on sourdough. I knew it was tasty because the other travel bunnie smashed it. Mind you there was a lot on that plate.

The owner kindly brought out the breakfast panna cotta ($16) for us to try as well, and I’m so glad that she did. Like the chia pudding, the breakfast panna cotta was also presented on a wooden plank with passionfruit syrup and toasted coconut flakes on the side. Served with seasonal fruits and berries, house made muesli & seeds, it was such a pretty dish and the panna cotta had the perfect wobble (you’ll know what I’m talking about if you are a panna cotta fan like myself). Needless to say, I enjoyed every single spoonful of that dish.

The service throughout was spot on. It seemed that the owner and the staff knew everyone who popped into the cafe, or maybe they just treat their customers like long time friends. The Moray Cafe has a very relaxed yet refined atmosphere, making it the perfect spot for a delicious breakfast to start the day on the right note. 

Disclaimer: with thanks to The Moray Cafe for welcoming DolceBunnie and the family to the property as invited guests, please note that my opinion is as always, my own.



















The Moray Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Gosh I haven't been back to Moray Cafe in ages. Good to hear they still serve a good brekkie.

    ReplyDelete