Tumbling Stone Restaurant & Bar | 477 Boundary Street, SPRING HILL QLD 4000

I’m gonna be honest and say that I didn’t expect a lot from the breakfast service at the Tumbling Stone Restaurant. We were at The Johnson for a staycation and decided to try the hotel’s restaurant for breakfast. It was extremely quiet on a Sunday morning with only one open table when we got there, so my gut told me not to expect too much.

Turned out, my gut was wrong and the meal was great. Fantastic, even!

Shortly after we had taken our seats, a friendly waiter came over to take our orders. Although I wasn’t a fan of the latte that I had (which had rather a bitter taste to it), there was zero complaint about the food. The other travel bunnie and Minibun George decided to share the Big Breakfast ($24) which came with Bangalow Sweet Pork bacon, poached eggs, pork chipolatas, thyme roasted tomato, sautéed mushroom and ciabatta. All the ingredients were fresh and delicious, the portion was very generous and there was plenty to share around between the two of them. I ordered the sour cherry French toast ($15) dressed with berry compote, whipped coconut cream that was light as a cloud and toasted coconut flakes. The dish was tastier than I expected. The toast was fluffy in the middle, and the sweet and sour taste of the dish was perfectly balanced. It’s a big call, but I’m gonna say that it’s the best French toast dish I’ve had in a long time.

So there you go, not all hotel restaurants are created equal.

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $47







Tumbling Stone Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment