Raw Pawpaw | 121 Merthyr Road, NEW FARM QLD 4005

This morning Minibun George and I met up with a girlfriend of mine who also happened to be a massive foodie. A while ago, she mentioned to me that we should try out Raw Pawpaw and as I hadn't been there before (and seeing as I've been talking about making a kick start for some healthy habits) I gladly agreed.

The drive to New Farm from the city didn't take long and given it's a weekday, we easily found a parking spot. Raw Pawpaw occupies a tiny, quaint space that once was Cafe Bouquiniste. There is a rather cute and relaxing area outside of the cafe and the tables are brightly decorated with drawings of pawpaws but unfortunately they were all taken, so we sat inside next to a shelf that has been filled with healthy treats that you can purchase from the cafe.

Focusing on clean eating, wholefood seems to be the buzz word on the menu which offers lots of fresh, raw and vegan options. My foodie girlfriend J started the day with an espresso and as for me, I opted for the coco nanas ($9), which is a smoothie made with banana, mango, coconut, cocoa protein & cold pressed almond milk. Sadly, the waitstaff had forgotten about my drink and it didn't arrive until after we had received our breakfast but I didn't mind that too much as I was preoccupied with taking photos of the breakfast dishes – rawpawpaw cinnamon french toast ($16.90) and the lifestyle board ($14.90).

The french toast, made with coconut flour and almond milk, tasted like nothing I've had before and I've had plenty of french toasts for breakfast. It was visually enticing and the smell of cinnamon and maple syrup was tantalising to say the least. I've never been a clean eating sort of girl but for a vegan, gluten free dish, I must admit that the french toast tasted pretty damn good. Although I was secretly hoping that my dish would come with a big scoop of salted caramel ice cream... The lifestyle board looked as wholesome as its name. Generous with the portions, the dish had two poached eggs, avocado, cherry tomatoes, beetroot relish, goats cheese, dukkah and eggplant which the kitchen happily made for J instead of the usual sourdough.

I guess Raw Pawpaw Cafe has proven to me that healthy food doesn't equal boring, bland food. I suppose I'm one step closer to eating healthy... (maybe after this weekend's binge feed).

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $25.90. 










Raw Pawpaw on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment