Coffee Anthology | 126 Margaret Street, BRISBANE CBD QLD 4000

Even though I often take Minibun George out for walks these days, I rarely walk along Margaret Street, so if it wasn’t for the head barista at The Gresham, I would have never found out about Coffee Anthology.

As the name itself suggests, the owner of this quaint cafe created a space where you can sample different blends as well as single origins from top roasters without having to travel too far to search for the perfect cup of coffee.

Minibun George and I visited on a Monday morning just after the peak hour coffee rush. I ordered a 1+1 ($4.50) which isn't on their menu but the barista is more than happy to make it for you if you ask. This secret menu item is for serious coffee drinkers and it comes with one espresso as well as a cup of milk based caffeine goodness. As for the coffee, I ordered the Drummer Boy by Cartel Roasters which has a heavy body with deep chocolate, cinnamon undertones and a sweet strawberry finish. It tasted fantastic! I almost feel sad as I had the last sip given I had reached my caffeine intake for the day. I also tried Daddy's Girl which was mistakenly given to me before I got the correct order. For breakfast, I ordered the avocado on sourdough w' jalapeño, cream cheese, pistachio and lemon ($7.50), which I felt was quite generous in portion in comparison its price.

Although I was slightly disappointed with the limited breakfast options offered at Coffee Anthology, their coffee has no doubt got me hooked.

PS. There are construction works going on across the road at the moment which means sitting outside can get quite dusty.

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $13 (meh, so I got overcharged $1)










Coffee Anthology on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment