Strauss | 189 Elizabeth Street, BRISBANE CBD QLD 4000

I left Minibun George with mum on Thursday and hopped out to meet up with the other travel bunnie for lunch. I was planning a trip to one of my favourite boutiques to get a Christmas present for Minibun George (although it is still early in the year, but I had been told that the present was the only one left in Australia and was are no longer in production so it was only inevitable that it belonged to me, and by me, I meant Minibun George).

Anyways, to tie in the European theme, I decided to introduce Strauss to the other travel bunnie.

Strauss isn't exactly a European brasserie but I like its location; all tucked away in the narrow Xile Lane with only a few tables lined up outside against the wall in addition to the ones inside the cafe, and I LOVE their coffee so somehow having a light lunch at a table outside reminds me a lot of the time that I've spent in Europe.

The lunch menu at Strauss is very simple. Three salads, one soup and two sandwiches. The choice is yours. That Thursday, I decided to try their kale salad w' orange, dates, black sesame and goat's cheese ($12.50) for lunch. Although I've never been a big fan of kale, I have heard many, many times the amazing benefits that comes with eating it (and as pretentious as it may sound, I didn't want to walk into my favourite boutique with a belly full of food), so I thought why not give the salad a go. The kale salad really surprised me, as I was expecting it to be quite bitter and boring like rabbit food. The dates and orange segments worked really well with the salad giving it a sweet, zesty taste. Not to mention that the goat's cheese was heavenly!

The other travel bunnie went for the jamón baguette w' rocket, heirloom tomato, black olive & goat's cheese ($9.50) which was a good lunch size sandwich. The crusty baguette mixed with salty jamón and almost crispy green tomatoes made for what I am told was a light, wholesome snack.

We enjoyed our lunch with a glass of ginger blast ($3.50) which was made with ginger nectar from Byron Bay and a delicious latte ($3.50).

It was one of those perfect lunches; light, relaxing and very delicious. Did I mention that the coffee was good? The coffee was good!


Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $29.00











Strauss on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment