Botero | 258 Adelaide Street, Brisbane CBD QLD 4000

I was able to leave Minibun George with mum the other day so that I could have a lunch date with the other travel bunnie in the city and have some shopping time on my own afterwards. 

Botero on Adelaide Street in the CBD created quite a buzz when it opened its doors, so inevitably, I wanted to check it out. Occupying an entire 3-storey heritage building, Botero offers delightful food and coffee that makes it the perfect lunch spot. In addition to the daily specials written on a blackboard, the page long menu offers five mains and three sides.

We were greeted by a smiling waitress before she took our order, crispy skin market fish ($21) for me and a bavette steak with wasabi butter, chips, shiitake ketchup, watercress and radish salad ($23) for the other travel bunnie. Coffee arrived shortly after the orders were taken, and let me tell you, my heart skipped a beat when I tasted my latte ($3.60). It tasted like pure perfection. It was smooth, sweet, yet full bodied. In terms of the food, I think the team at Botero does a great job at being creative and differentiating itself to the majority of the cafes in the CBD. Both dishes were bistro quality.  Complemented by yellow curry sauce and pineapple sambal, my fish was beautifully cooked with salted crispy skin and wonderfully soft sweet flesh, while the quinoa and coconut chips added texture to the dish. In comparison to the fish, I think the bavette steak was less impressive, but still tasty, especially with the interesting flavour of the wasabi butter. 

Would I go back again? Most definitely. 

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $53.60












Botero Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment