My Mistress | 515 Sandgate Road, CLAYFIELD QLD 4011

Wanna go to My Mistress?” the other travel bunnie said to me with a cheeky grin while we were still in bed last Sunday. I looked at him and nodded with excitement. No, I’m not crazy. If anything, it’d be crazy for me to say no to the proposal. The thing that you need to know is, My Mistress is a café. Set in a house with rustic décor in the suburb of Clayfield, the café provides a nice range of breakfast and lunch options with names that would be sure to make you blush.

We ordered a chai latte ($4) and a peppermint tea ($4) to warm up our tummies while trying to decide on the food. Let’s see, there’s the Rendezvous with smashed avocado on sourdough toast with feta, olive oil, fresh basil and lemon; then comes the Morning Glory with Smoked bacon, free range egg, rocket, Swiss cheese, tomato relish, aioli on a toasted bagel… or if you prefer to have The Hook Up which comes with smoked salmon, cream cheese, red onion and dill on a toasted bagel. The other travel bunnie and I drooled at each other as we were spoiled for choices and hence struggled to decide on our dishes. In the end, we decided to share the Eggs Monica which comes with corn, zucchini and haloumi fritters with blistered cherry tomatoes, a haloumi slab, seasoned avocado smash and a free range fried egg ($17) and the Sweet Thang: French toast with smoked bacon, maple syrup and seasonal market fruit ($14). We sat in our seats with our backs bathed in the sun, eagerly waited, watched the smoke rising out of the semi-open kitchen behind a wall of wooden slats and wondered what was to come. The food arrived reasonably quickly given how popular My Mistress was on the day.  As soon as I saw the dishes, my mouth started watering. Both dishes tasted fantastic. I loved the fact that once cut open, golden egg yolk covered the crispy fritters that were overloaded with sweetness from the corn and slight saltiness of the haloumi. I loved the sensation of the sweet juice from those bright red blistered cherry tomatoes bursting in my mouth. And as for the French toast, I couldn’t get enough of it, albeit the portion was extremely generous. The dish was done the proper, traditional way with thickly sliced bread soaked in egg batter, fried then drenched with sweet, sweet, maple syrup; not to mention that the smoked bacon created a great contrast.  

Yes, by the end of the meal I completely fell head over heels for My Mistress.

The service was upbeat and very friendly. Even Minibun George enjoyed his time there as he gulped a frothy babycino on the house.

Let My Mistress’ good cooking seduce you. You know you want to.


Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $39.














Click to add a blog post for My Mistress on Zomato

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment