Vue Lounge | 83 Merthyr Road, NEW FARM QLD 4005

I’m not gonna lie, waking up early in winter sucks. I love hiding under my Versace duvet and wrapping bamboo cotton sheets around me to keep myself warm, and the thought of getting out of the bed to face the coldness is nothing but daunting. Unless. Unless, I have a scrumptious breakfast appointment to go to, like the other morning.

I’ve visited Vue Lounge once; a long time ago, when I was on a mission to eat at as many places in Brisbane as I possibly could. If you’ve been following me from that time, you would perhaps notice that back then, all my posts were pretty basic, in terms of trying to express my dining experiences. Everything was either bad or good, but hardly any reason was given.

As I jumped out of the car, the cold morning wind sent chills down my spine, and not even a Burberry trench coat could have prevented that.  I was at Vue Lounge to try out their new winter menu. Thank god it was warm and cozy inside. After I gulped the first mouthful of my mocha, which was extremely creamy and chocolaty, I regained my senses, and the smells of sizzling bacon, fried eggs, freshly grinded coffee beans and buttery pastries swamped me. I loved it! I’m terrible at making decisions when it comes to food, and the team at Vue Lounge is so thoughtful to come up with the Breakfast Board – served with bacon, pork belly, chorizo, mushrooms, fried eggs, pane ($21), yep, pretty much every good breakfast ingredient that you can think of. I needed that dish. Let’s be honest, who wouldn't want to have pork belly for breakfast? Its rich flavour and melt-in-your mouth texture keeps your tummy warm during winter days. It’s good for you! I ate mine within minutes and I think the Breakfast Board is the breakfast of champions. However, if you’re not a carnivore like me, the winter menu also includes a vegetarian option, that’s stacked with smashed avocado, wilted spinach, asparagus, roasted tomato, mushrooms, poached eggs, malt & barley bread ($21).

Vue Lounge is very popular amongst the New Farm locals, and rightly so. Their new winter menu is definitely a winner with a broad range of options, savoury or sweet.

If you haven’t decided on where to go for breakfast tomorrow morning, perhaps give Vue Lounge a nudge.

Disclaimer: DolceBunnie was an invited guest of Vue Lounge, however my opinion is as always, my own.













Click to add a blog post for Vue Lounge on Zomato

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment