Vespa Pizza | 617 Stanley Street, WOOLLOONGABBA QLD 4102

I was sitting around at home the other day surfing the net when I suddenly remembered the all-you-can-eat Pizza Hut at Surfers Paradise that I used to go to when I was at school. As I was reminiscing, this sudden craving for pizza came to me and believe me, when a preggo wants to eat something, she's determined to make it happen.

So last Thursday night, when the other travel bunnie and I were meeting A, H and baby A for dinner, we decided to head to Vespa Pizza in Woolloongabba.

I've been to Vespa Pizza at New Farm a couple of times and there are two staples that are always on our table: the streaky bacon and red currant pizza with camembert ($20.50) and the nutella and marshmallow calzone with vanilla gelato ($10.50).

I've been extremely cautious with what I eat during my pregnancy, perhaps because it's my first, so I decided to have the 3 little piggies ($21.50) intending on avoiding the camembert (even though it was cooked). The 3 little piggies are any pizza's best friends, being salami, bacon and pepperoni and this pizza is then topped with mushrooms, tomato and mozzarella. It was without a doubt a delicious pizza but streaky bacon remains as my all time favourite at Vespa.

The four of us ended the meal by sharing two nutella and marshmallow calzones. Trust me, when you have one pizza each, sharing the calzone is a wise option. The calzone is generously filled with nutella before drizzled with sticky marshmallow sauce then topped with a big scoop of vanilla gelato. Oh yeah, it's really as heavenly as it sounds, if not better.

Despite the slow service which was a little off-putting, it was yet another great dinner.

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $109












Vespa Pizza on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment