Communal Bar and Eat House | 266 George Street, BRISBANE CBD QLD 4000

The holiday season in the city is usually quiet, other than on Boxing Day when people go crazy at the shops. Unfortunately it means that many food outlets close their doors. The other travel bunnie and I would take minibun George out everyday around lunch time just to get some fresh air and grab a bite, but we weren’t faced with too many options and most of them involved food courts. 

We ventured to the top of the mall one day and were surprised to find that Communal Bar and Eat House was open. It was a grilling hot day and not many people were out so I picked a table along the wall while the other travel bunnie placed our lunch order at the front. 

Having seen the yellow-tiled Italian wood fired pizza oven proudly positioned at the front of the restaurant, I thought I’d be silly not to order a pizza. Their pizzas are 32 centimetres and all boast true Italian fare. I decided on the casalinga ($24) which is topped with fior di latte mozzarella, san marzano sauce, prosciutto, porcini mushroom and olives. I watched the chef making my pizza from the scratch as my mouth watered. Bring it to me, I thought and it was good! The pizza base was thin but slightly doughy, and the thinly sliced prosciutto added just the right amount of saltiness while the porcine mushroom showcased its strong, nutty flavour. The other travel bunnie was going to order the bourbon braised beef ribs with mac n cheese, coleslaw, corn on cob ($29) which sounds pretty amazing to me. But he got carried away when he found out that they were doing a pulled pork special($17) and went ahead with that instead. Turned out, it wasn’t a bad choice after all. The pork was juicy and flavoursome. 

Feeling extremely satisfied and not to mention, sleepy after lunch, we both agreed that Communal Bar and Eat House would no doubt be a regular eating spot for us. 

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $50










Communal Bar & Eat House on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment