Vine, 158 Moray Street, NEW FARM QLD 4005


I love living in the city, everything is within reach and it's so easy to navigate.

My new found favourite public transport is now the CityHopper. The terminal is conveniently located downstairs of our bunny pad.

Yesterday, we took a short ferry trip along the river to the Vine restaurant in New Farm to have breakfast.

Saturday breakfast normally involves a cup of perfectly made latte, but I've decided to change it to a pot of Earl Grey (or French Early Grey... or Ritz Carlton if available), that way my body and mind can easily differentiate weekdays and weekends.

I hadn't had french toast in ages and I love starting the day with something sweet. So french toast with sumer berry compote and vanilla mascapone cream ($17) was ordered without any hesitance. The other travel bunnie had folded omelette with caramelised onion, mushroom and bacon with ciabatta ($18). I have a love/hate relationship with how the other bunnie always order a tastier meal than I do. I put on a sad puppy face, so the other travel bunny passed his plate to me and I continued to be a happy bunnie. I know it sounds weird, but the ciabatta was absolutely delicious, forget about the omelette, I'd be more than happy to eat a basket of their ciabatta.

I was rather surprised that they charged us $9 for a pot of tea, but we had a nice meal and I decided not to let that ruin our experience.

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $47.50
 








Vine on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. Um what, $9 for a pot of tea CANNOT be right?!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's what I thought! I even kept the receipt, but then I thought, I got four cups out of it. the flat white was only $3.50 but. :)

      Delete
  2. You must have been charged twice - tea is $4.50

    ReplyDelete