Chocolateria San Churro, Shop 2, 161 Grey Street, SOUTHBANK QLD 4101



Confession, I love churros. The more the merrier. In fact, being able to buy churros at markets is one of the reasons why I go to them at all.

I was thrilled when I found out that there is a churro eatery at Southbank. After a rather disappointing dining experience at Popolo, I thought some churro lovin’ would definitely perk me up.

It was like a déjà vu when we stepped into the store. My first reaction was: has Max Brenner gone to Spain and suddenly became all Hola~?

We ordered fondue for two ($19.95) and their signature hot chocolate ($5.95). Unfortunately, the churro lovin’ did not perk me up.

The hot chocolate got really lumpy after a while and as for the fondue for two… my favourite parts were the strawberries and the caramel popcorn (catch my drift?).

The churros weren’t exactly sugar coated, but despite the fact that they were cold when they arrived at our table they were quite crunchy. I suppose that’s always a positive.

Hmm, San Churro. If I had a huge craving for chocolate one night and Max Brenner was completely packed, I would perhaps consider coming here.

As for the churros, I think I’ll just go to the Southbank markets. 

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $25.90











Chocolateria San Churro on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Hello Dolce,

    We would love to see you at Monty's Chocolates. We have a new store in the city. 288 Edward Street. While we don not have Churro, we do have Belgium recipe waffles and very high quality hot chocolate.
    Mon-Friday 730am-5pm.
    Award winning coffee and world class chocolate is also on the menu!
    See you soon.
    Steve
    Monty's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great Steve! The new store is very close to me, I can't wait! :)

      Delete