European | Melbourne, AUSTRALIA

It never ceases to amaze me that no matter how much food the other travel bunnie and I eat on any given night during any holidays, even if it’s was a mammoth feast, the morning after always guarantees two empty stomachs and desires to go out and hunt for some more food.


We woke up the morning after our meal at Sichuan House, feeling rather refreshed and happy. A big day was ahead of us and we had to refuel ourselves. A short walk around Melbourne’s CBD took us to Hardware Lane where I thought we could enjoy a much raved breakfast at The Hardware Societe. Unfortunately for us, I had been so excited about eating that I forgot about the article that I read on GoodFood about the popular café’s temporary closure due to fire damages.

I looked through my list and decided to go to the European (which is literally within 5 minute walk away from our hotel). If you are after something more creative and fancy for breakfast, the European perhaps wouldn’t be your best pick. This elegant, old-fashioned cafe is all about keeping it traditional, the food is honest and simple, and I liked it that way.

A serve of the the European breakfast – eggs, bacon, mushroom, tomato & toast ($18.50) and a serve of the daily special: Omelette w’ chorizo, spinach and goat’s cheese ($18.50) were all we needed. The dishes were presented in the simplest way possible, but the photos do not provide any justice to the tastes whatsoever.  The food tasted delicious, simple but delicious. As we sat at the old wooden table, sipping Earl Grey and Mocha, I literally felt like I had been transported to an old bistro in France. It was so relaxing.

The European is a fantastic place to visit and to get away from the bustling city-lifestyle, even if you only come here for their coffees.

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $45.20 








The European on Urbanspoon





View Larger Map

Share this:

, , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment