A weekend getaway to Byron Bay | Byron Bay, AUSTRALIA

A few weekends ago, the other travel bunnie and I took a short trip to Byron Bay with my parents for the weekend. It had been a while since we last visited and it was somewhere that my mum had wanted to go to for a while. We stayed at the Byron at Byron Resort again for its tranquillity and guaranteed friendly service. It always makes me so happy to get out of the city and take in the picturesque country side scenery as much as I can. Every time when we drove past a herd of cows or fluffy sheep, I would squeak like a little kid in the car.

We also visited a nearby town called Bangalow where the weekend farmer’s market was on and I was able to get some extremely fresh and sweet strawberries that I just can’t seem to find at my local supermarket.

Other than eating (a lot) and taking a short trip to the beach located right behind the resort, I just chilled by the pool, soaked under the sun and dipped my feet in the water every now and then. Of course, dinner on Saturday night was had at one of my favourite Spanish restaurants, St Elmo's. I had initially worried that the quality of food may not be as good as it was on our past visit, but it turned out I was worrying over nothing. The food tasted fantastic if not better than before.

On top of all that, I’ve never seen my parents so happy in their lives. They were running around on the beach, giggling, splashing water over each other in the ocean, catching and jumping over the waves. It was as if they were back in high school again (when they just started dating).

By the end of the weekend, I felt so relaxed. The knot in my right shoulder had waved goodbye to me and disappeared.

The weekend was nice. Very nice indeed. 





















View Larger Map

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment