Hong Depot | 193 Melbourne Street, SOUTH BRISBANE QLD 4101


For a brief period in my life, I was obsessed with the idea of wearing glasses with no prescription, just to look sophisticated, an idea which now seems immensely immature.  Today, my teenage dream (and my adulthood nightmare) became true. I saw an optometrist for the first time in more than ten years and it was confirmed that glasses would be required for me to drive – legally.  Apparently I am blind as a bat.

To cheer me up from being an unhappy camper, the other travel bunnie suggested that we have some Korean BBQ for dinner, to which I instantly agreed.

He picked me up from work and we walked our way to Hong Depot while catching up on each other's day (well, mainly mine as I went on rambling how unbelievably bad my eye sight is).

As we approached the restaurant, I could smell the smokiness of sizzling meat mingled with the crisp air. My mouth started watering.

The dinner experience was pleasant and fun. Our waitress was very informative and helpful with the whole BBQ affair by ensuring that our beef short ribs ($21) were cut into perfect portions and that the spicy marinated chicken didn't get burnt ($17.50).  The vegetable bowl ($6.50) was probably an unnecessary order, I'd rather have another serve of their extremely yummy DIY rice ball ($7).

Hong Depot is probably not the cheapest Korean BBQ restaurant out there, but the novelty is fun, the service is upbeat and friendly and the marinated meat is exceptionally tasty.

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $56.
















Hong Depot on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment