Oishii Sushi Bar, 70 Pinelands Road, SUNNYBANK HILLS QLD 4109


We attended a beautiful lunchtime wedding on Saturday and with great weddings come 4-course culinary affairs.

I promised myself not to eat anything else after stuffing my face (gracefully of course, oh wait, is that even possible?) with the newly weds' vanilla icing coated red velvet cake. It was gooooooood.

Some time past 7pm, I looked at the other travel bunnie and told him that I was ready for my pre-midnight snack. We were originally gonna go to Carolina Kitchen for some New York fries and buffalo wings, but that place was PACKED and we were told that there would be a 30-minute wait.

I stomped my feet and thought that perhaps it was fate telling me to eat something healthy.

Sushi came to mind. So the other travel bunnie drove all the way to Sunnybank to satisfy my hunger. I used to hang out around that area a lot and I have never eaten at Oishii Sushi Bar. In fact, I didn't even know that it existed.

There was no availability at the restaurant but I was willing to wait, and as soon as we were seated, I immediately placed my order.

I've developed an obsession with eels and soft-shell crabs. So we had their spider roll ($13), black dragon ($14) and temaki triple treat ($12). The food arrived quickly and tasted very fresh. I know it's a non-Japanese operated Japanese restaurant and its sushi may not be all that authentic. But the food was yummy and very affordable.

Plus, it's a great supper option without the guilt.

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $42








Oishii Sushi Bar on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment