Gerard's Bistro, 14/15 James Street, FORTITUDE VALLEY QLD 4006

We weren't planning on going out on Friday night, I had made special fried rice with Chinese sausage the night before for the first time for a pot-luck lunch at work and it turned out to be quite delicious.


I peeked at the clock as it ticked past 7.30, the other travel bunnie and I looked at each other and decided that the night was still young and we had to go somewhere for dessert.

We ended up at Gerard's Bistro, a fairly new establishment by the creators of Lychee Lounge. The décor was clean yet unique. The vibe was inviting and the service was friendly and prompt.

The dessert options all seemed really creative and quite fancy. It took me a while, but I settled on the Valrhona aero, rose marshmallow, strawberry leather, pomegranate and spiced rosé ($16), while the other travel bunnie ordered the Smoked chocolate, strawberry, cherry and rose ($15). Both dishes were beautifully presented. Very arty. I can't say that I really liked the strawberry leather, but the rest tasted divine, especially the aero.

The food at Gerard's Bistro is reasonably priced, which makes it a great place for a relaxed bite on a Friday night with numerous shared plates on the menu to choose from.

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent $39












Gerard's Bistro on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment