Lure on Latrobe, 24 Latrobe Terrace, PADDINGTON QLD 4064


**Beginning of a bunnie's gibberish ranting: I've been thinking a lot about travelling recently, generally daydreaming about our upcoming trip to the US and our seven night cruise around the Caribbean. Other times, I would look at all of our holiday photos taken in the last twelve months, those photos that were taken in Santorini, Paris, Barcelona, Milan, Hong Kong, Bangkok and the list goes on. I consider myself a very lucky girl… 

Yesterday when we were having breakfast at Lure on Latrobe, I pulled out my agenda and showed the other travel bunnie my must-see/do/eat list for New York, he must've thought that I was a travel planning super bunnie. If only I could do travelling planning as my full-time job...end of a bunnie's gibberish ranting**

The wait at Lure wasn't half as bad as I had imagined. This gourmet cafe nestled in Paddington does not accept same day booking, so it is recommended that you book in advance to avoid any disappointment.

We knew how busy the place was and ordered our drinks as soon as we were seated. I loved the Earl Grey and I know what you're thinking, don't all Earl Grey taste the same? Oh trust me, I've been to places where they get really skimpy on the tea leaves.

Their breakfast menu was simple and nothing over the top, but sometimes, being simple works!

I was told the Turkish Fingers dipped in egg fried with sauteed mushroom, cherry tomato, rocket and danish feta ($16.50) that I had ordered was on the original menu of the cafe eight years ago and it's made a successful comeback due to popular demand.

The other travel bunnie was happy with his Eggs Benny ($16.50), especially when he cut opened the poached egg and saw smooth yolk slowly running down onto the plate, ah the moment of happiness and joy.

We really enjoyed our breakfast at Lure. The food came out promptly despite that the cafe was at its full capacity and they were impeccable. It's no wonder that this place is  so popular. 









Lure on Latrobe on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. I really love your LV, especially that speedy!
    I'm always thinking about travelling too lol but unfortunately I don't have any other trips planned at the moment..
    mmmm all the food looks delicious, especially the eggs in the last pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffany! I eat alot so that I don't have to think about travelling! The harsh truth is that I have to work hard to play hard... LOVE your blog, keep those posts coming! x

      Delete