The Vatican City, HOLY SEE



I couldn't leave Rome without having visited the Vatican City. Being the world's smallest sovereign state, the Vatican covers only 0.44 square kilometres, but this is a place where size doesn't matter. And there, I met Pope Benedict XVI.

Okay, maybe I lied in the last sentence of the first paragraph, but it was for impact and now I have your full attention (perhaps for the next three seconds, but hey, you've gotta check out the photos).

I got there early because I suspected that the queue would be very long and ain't no body got time for that on a heated day. What I didn't think of was the fact that you've got to show respect when you visit places like this and rocking up in a pair of denim short-shorts and a black singlet is a big no-no.

This place houses some of the world's greatest art collections of amazing Renaissance artists and to see the highlights of these would take at least several hours. Trust me, give yourself plenty of time because you don't wanna leave this place with regret of not having sufficient time to see Michelangelo's The Creation of Adam (which can be found in the Sistine Chapel where Michelangelo spent 4 years painting the chapel ceiling between 1508 and 1512). I actually took a photo of The Creation of Adam, can you spot it below?

I was absolutely amazed by everything at this place. There was so much going on that my brain couldn't process quick enough of the images that I had captured with my eyes.

I recently put the Vatican City on my bucket list again as I would love to take the other travel bunnie there when we go to Italy for a summer holiday.








































View Larger Map

Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment