Paladar, Merivale St & Fish Lane, SOUTH BRISBANE QLD 4101

I get excited when I stumble upon quirky cafés and Paladar was no exception. Its eye-catching red walls and decorations reminded me of a nostalgia shop and that was just the beginning. Pushing through a heavy wooden door and going up the narrow stairs takes you to the café’s rooftop terrace which easily lets you pretend that you are in a small coffee shop in Cuba. Then all that is left to do is relax. I enjoyed my latte with no sugar on a bar stool at their rooftop terrace, soaking up the sun and ear dropping on two well-dressed gentlemen talking about their recent antique purchases. The café owner, Filip Pilioras had a rough look on him, but he was extremely friendly and we had a nice little chat about the café, its coffee and the cigars.

Paladar captured my heart and I can’t wait to return to finish The Parisian Wife over a cup of perfectly made latte.















Paladar on Urbanspoon

Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to get to this place for a long time... WIll have to make it sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know, it's such a quirky place and I'm so glad that I found it. The coffee is so good there, strong but no nasty bitterness. It was the first time that I had coffee without sugar and it was very enjoyable. Let me know how you go! x

      Delete