The Burrito Bar Banyo | 279 Tufnell Road, BANYO QLD 4014

We indulged in some wonderful produce during our recent Hunter Valley getaway, but having eaten at fine dining restaurants for lunch and dinner consecutively for days on end, the other travel bunnie and I were both craving for something relaxed and fun. We found ourselves at The Burrito Bar Banyo browsing through their menu which offers an abundance of food options, not to mention a delicious selection of cocktails. I had my eyes on the Margarita Romantica which is a blend of Don Julio 1942 Tequila, Cointreau and Midori, shaken with lime juice & agave nectar then garnished with a strawberry. It tasted as yummy as it looked. 

After hearing the recommendations from our waitress (whom, mind you, had a great personality and was so attentive yet in a very casual way), I literally wanted everything off the menu. I didn’t, luckily, as the portions were so generous and all we wanted to do after dinner was to curl up into a ball. The chicken wings are a must. They were simply sweet tenderness coated in smoky hickory BBQ sauce. I thought they were the best thing that there is at The Burrito Bar, but that was until I saw my Taco Salad; filled with Mexislaw, pico de gallo, roasted tomato salsa, lime rice and savoury beans with chicken, then topped with sour cream and guacamole, it was all served in a bowl made out of crispy taco chips. No word of a lie, it was the best taco salad I have ever had. I invited the other travel bunnie to try my taco salad, but he insisted that he was completed satisfied with his Ultimate Mexican Burrito. If you are a taco fan, be sure to try the Baja fish taco with chipotle mayo, mexislaw & roasted tomato salsa and the Aida taco - slow cooked marinated beef with cheese and pico de gallothe, as they were pretty good as well. 

If you go there, make sure you don’t miss out on their churros. Served with vanilla ice cream and lashings of rich chocolate sauce, these cinnamon sugar dusted churros are a wonderful way to finish a Mexican feast. 


Disclaimer: with thanks to The Burrito Bar for welcoming DolceBunnie to the property as an invited guest, please note that my opinion is as always, my own.









The Burrito Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment