St.James Crabhouse & Kitchen | Shop 5, 22 Baildon Street, KANGAROO POINT QLD 4169

St.James Crabhouse opened its doors just before our recent trip to New Zealand. We wanted to try it out but given that I had built up much anticipation about visiting The Crab Shack in Wellington, we thought it was best to leave St.James Crabhouse to a later date. 

Since we got back, I’ve seen photos of crabs in plastic bags all over my Facebook. I bombarded the other travel bunnie’s work email inbox with those photos and it worked! Knowing how difficult it is to get a parking spot close to the restaurant, we arrived 30 minutes before the restaurant opened for their lunch service, and lucky us, we found a spot right in front of the restaurant. 

I had already worked out what we wanted before we were seated - seafood chowder ($19), twice cooked wings with blue cheese dip ($9 for six), Alaskan snow crab ($48 for 500g) and shoestring fries ($5). I decided the classic flavours of garlic and butter were the perfect way to accompany the crab so I asked for the Baltimore sauce. The restaurant quickly filled up after it opened for lunch service, so I was quite glad that we were the first to place our orders. The seafood chowder was exactly what I was hoping for, rich and creamy, jam packed with goodies including fish and mussels. The crab was juicy and flavoursome, sure it was hard work extracting meat out of those legs, but the effort was well worth it. Even the complimentary buttered bread was tasty (and a great way to mop up the excess buttery sauce/crab juices). Don’t worry about the messiness because they will gear you up - paper bibs, plastic gloves and all. Before we paid for our bill, we shared a key lime pie with whipped cream ($14), it was probably an overkill and we would’ve done without it.

One thing you should know is, I’m allergic to crustaceans (like the break-out-in-hives-all-over-my-face kind, but nothing that a few Zyrtec can’t fix), and I can’t wait to go back there again because I already miss the flavours so much.

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $95.00











St. James Crabhouse & Kitchen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment