Delfina's Bistro + Bar | The Emporium, 50/1000 Ann Street, FORTITUDE VALLEY QLD 4006

I was driving to the city one day when I noticed Delfina’s Bistro + Bar for the first time. I was stuck in traffic and a blue wall decorated with picture frames caught my eye, and that’s when I realised that Freestyle Tout was gone. I was eager to find out who took over this corner space at The Emporium and added it to the list of places to try, but we didn’t get a chance until recently when Dimmi held their ‘restaurant week’ and Delfina’s Bistro + Bar offered 50% off their entire food menu. Awesome! 

It was a great night with friendly service and I’m so happy that we tried it. Although the food took a little while to come out as they had forgotten to place our order with the chef (because the order was made before the kitchen had opened), it wasn’t much of a big deal given how wonderfully tasty the food turned out to be. My 250g eye fillet ($36) served with potato puree, brussel sprouts and smoked bone marrow, was perfectly pink in the middle and very tender. The pork loin with caramelised peach, pumpkin, burghul and jus ($35) ordered by the other travel bunnie looked very tempting and Minibun George couldn’t get enough of it. What surprised me the most though, was the side dish - potato, chorizo, thyme ($14) - slightly salty and extremely crispy on the outside yet steamy and fluffy within; the sliced chorizo provided so much flavour to the dish and combined with the aromatic smell of thyme, I found myself constantly going back for more. By the time when I received my dessert, goats cheesecake, burnt figs, balsamic ice cream ($16), I was so full that all I wanted to do was to curl up in the comfort of my bed. 

I really can’t fault our experience at Delfina’s with their generous potions, friendly service and delicious food. 


Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $60.50 












Delfina's Bistro Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment