Sinmei Tea Room | Shop 5, 19 James Street, FORTITUDE VALLEY QLD 4006

I fell in love with matcha, a finely ground powder of specially grown and processed green tea, during our recent trip to Japan. We went to a traditional tea ceremony served by a maiko in Kyoto and it was a wonderful experience. 

After we got back, every now and then I would have a sudden craving for matcha. I soon realised that a great matcha experience can be found in Brisbane, more precisely, at Sinmei Tea Room on James Street. 

Tucked inside of Scrumptious Reads, Sinmei Tea Room isn’t your average cafe and the unique menu offers everything tea-related; from refreshing cold drinks like the matcha mojito ($8) made with matcha, mint, lime, brown sugar and soda, to hot drinks like the matcha soul ($6) made with soya milk then drizzled with honey and sprinkled with almond flakes, and dishes such as the Hakka thunder tea rice ($15) and vegetarian bibimbap ($15), and not to mention loads of tea flavoured cake options. 

The service was a little slow on the day of our visit as we had to wait for over forty minutes for the Hakka rice dish, but it was so unique compared to anything that I’ve had before, I guess it was worth a try. Having said that, I would probably stick to drinks and cakes in the future. Now I know where to go when my have those matcha cravings again. 

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $44













Sinmei Tea Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment