Little Loco | 121 Merthyr Road, NEW FARM QLD 4005

A girlfriend came up for a visit from Sydney last weekend and she wanted me to pick a place for us to have breakfast. It was going to be a family outing with our hubbies and kids, so somewhere close to a park was preferable. I suggested Little Loco in New Farm.  I had yet to visit this cafe ever since it took over Raw Paw Paw, so I was pretty happy that I could kill two birds with one stone. 

Sunday morning at 8am - after a few hugs and kisses, we kept our heads down working out what to have for breakfast. The boys loved the sound of the breakfast burger ($15). I wanted to get something that minibun George could nibble on as well, so I decided on the mushroom halloumi burger ($15) as minibun is a huge fan of halloumi - staying true to his half Greek heritage. 

Shortly after we placed our orders at the counter, I saw a stunned look on my friend’s face. That’s when I knew, the heavyweight had arrived - my salted caramel milkshake ($10). Its look alone was satisfying; salted caramel sauce was slowly dripping down the side of the glass jar, a straw was placed through the hole of a cinnamon coated donut (that’s right) topped with caramel popcorn. I took a big sip of the creamy shake and was immediately a happy camper. It was really that delicious. 

Served on a wooden plank, the breakfast burger came with streaky bacon, fried egg, smoked tomato relish, mature cheddar & avocado all served on a toasted plant brioche bun. It was clearly the winner over my mushroom halloumi burger. I watched my girlfriend eating her way through the salted caramel waffle ($16.50) and I had some serious food envy, I mean, wouldn’t you? Look at the crisp Belgian waffle with salted caramel, white chocolate cream, hazelnut praline then topped with blueberries & strawberries. It’s a picture perfect dish. I guess that’s what I’ll be having next time.

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $47.50










Little Loco Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment