Il Locale | 21 Nash Street, ROSALIE QLD 4064

Do you often think to yourself 'I won't be eating there' when you see an empty restaurant? I had that thought cross my mind when the other travel bunnie and I went to il locale for breakfast recently. Our phone call to make a reservation for a table was obviously unnecessary. My stomach twisted and I wasn't sure if it was due to hunger or the fact that my gut instinct was telling me to get back into the car.

I took a deep breath and went inside.

With only one open table, the restaurant was uncomfortably quite. I quickly browsed through the breakfast menu before deciding on the truffled eggs – poached eggs w' asparagus, shaved truffle pecorino & white truffle oil ($18.50). The other travel bunnie had a few options in mind but in the end it was the saffron white beans w' house make pork & fennel sausage, poached eggs & pangrattato ($18.50). While we waited for the food to arrive, we quenched our thirst with a glass of freshly juiced apple zinger ($7.50) and a muggaccino ($4.75). Can't say that I was a fan of the coffee as it was lacking the full and creamy texture that I was looking for. The juice on the other hand was quite yummy.

Our food didn't take long to arrive (as you can imagine). The plating was simple and rustic. The other travel bunnie's dish was hearty, generously portioned and jam-packed with flavour. In contrast, my breakfast dish, although looking very plain and simple, tasted exquisite with the truffle being the star. The eggs were cooked just perfectly and I loved watching the golden yolk slowly sliding over the poached egg whites and then onto the softly cooked asparagus. YUM!

See, if I had left when I saw how quiet the restaurant was, I would've missed out on a perfect breakfast! I guess that's why they say never judge a book by its cover.

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $49.25








Il Locale on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment