Coppa Spuntino | 88 Creek Street, BRISBANE CBD QLD 4000

Coppa Spuntino will no doubt be one of my regular eating spots in 2015. The other travel bunnie and I came across it one day after a quick lunch at Red Hook. We decided to dine there the next day, but little did we know that plenty of other people have found this cozy space and given it was the silly season when we visited, we considered ourselves lucky to have gotten a seat at the bar without a reservation. 

For as long as we have lived and worked in the Brisbane CBD, I’d always wanted more dining options for lunch. It often seemed like the decision was between a quick bite in one of the food courts or a long lunch in an upscale restaurant. There weren’t that many in-between choices. Well, until Coppa Spuntino popped up, the brainchild of the team at behind Public and Red Hook. 

As soon as I laid my eyes on the affordable menu, I knew straight away that Coppa Spuntino and I would hit it off. I mean, where else can you get juicy pork meatballs, pecorino, fennel or a wood fired oven pizzetta for $16? The other travel bunnie and I watched the bartender making my lemon, lime and bitters ($4) while the chef chucked the coppa, pecorino, rocket pizzetta into the black and white tiled wood fired oven. 

The dishes were perfect for sharing. Although, neither of us wanted to share our dishes. The pizzetta was simple, rustic and flavoursome. Just what the other travel bunnie wanted. I was expecting the meatballs to be quite heavily seasoned, but I was wrong. Like the pizzetta, the meatballs had quite mellow yet distinctive flavours. We couldn’t leave without ending the lunch affair on a sweet note and ordered a rosemary pannacotta ($12) to share. That was probably the best decision I made on the day! The pannacotta was pleasantly soft and creamy, I could hardly control myself from smashing my whole face into it! 

I could just eat at Coppa Spuntino all day, you know. Breakfast, lunch and dinner (and maybe the next day).


Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $52.00









Coppa Spuntino on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

1 comments: