Celebrating 100 years of CHOYA


Last weekend I was invited to Bird's Nest Restaurant in West End to celebrate the 100th anniversary of CHOYA.

I'm, what people would usually call, a cheap drunk, and I've never been a fan of the strong taste of most alcohol. But umeshu by CHOYA is my favourite alcoholic drink. I first discovered CHOYA (the most well-known producer of umeshu, founded in 1914 with its headquarters based in Osaka, Japan) when the other travel bunnie and I dined at a Japanese restaurant on the Gold Coast where we shared a bottle of this Japanese liqueur. I found the smell of the umeshu to be very appealing and the moment when I tasted the sweet and sour taste of the cold drink, I knew for a fact that CHOYA and I would get along, very well.

The celebration was a casual, unpretentious affair filled by arrays of mouthwatering yakitori and a selection of creative and very delicious cocktails made with CHOYA. I was quite surprised at the versatility of CHOYA as previously I've only drank it one way – on the rocks. Little did I know that you can let you imagination run wild with CHOYA and the end result most likely would blow your mind. The talented bartender of the day at Bird's Nest made several different cocktails using the Japanese liqueur including sangria and margarita using Himalayan salt. I personally loved the CHOYA sangria for its playful fruity taste, which is perfect for summer.

Between laughter and chitchat, somehow the delicious food and tasty cocktails finished all too soon, but it was a wonderful Sunday late afternoon soirée.

Move over champagne, I've got to make room for CHOYA.

Disclaimer: this bunnie was welcomed to Bird's Nest as a guest of CHOYA, Bird's Nest and Two Cents Group, however my opinion is as always, my own.















Share this:

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. I've always been accused of being a cheap drunk. This sounds like it's just what I've been looking for. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you'll enjoy the drink as much as I do :)

      Delete