Black Bird Bar & Grill | 123 Eagle Street, BRISBANE CBD QLD 4000

The other travel bunnie always makes sure that he pleases my parents with good food (not that he even needs to try to please them as I have a suspicion that my parents love him so much that they have claimed him as their own son...), so a few days ago when dad landed in Brisbane, the five of us (including minibun George in his Bugaboo) ended up at Black Bird Bar and Grill.

Opulent with a touch of the golden era's glamour, the restaurant's décor is seductive and inviting, creating the perfect ambience for what turned out to be a fantastic meal.

Having seen the menu, we were eager to get straight into the real action. The other travel bunnie and I decided to share a cumin spiced + marinated slow roasted BBQ lamb shoulder ($60), whilst mum opted for apple wood smoked duck breast with caramelized heirloom carrots, chestnuts and confit leg stuffed cabbage ($34) and dad ordered Swordfish baked in rosemary with borlotti beans braised in ham hock and new seasons young garlic ($34).

The lamb shoulder was without a doubt, the best I've tasted in a long time. The fall-off-the-bone meat was carved at the table, and it was tender and juicy with a hint of smokiness from the charred sprigs of rosemary. The richness of the lamb was balanced with a side of organic whole + cracked grain salad w' almond, apricot and sheep milk labneh ($10) (who would've thought that salad could be so tasty?). The shoestring fries w' lemon myrtle aïoli + saltbush ($9) were crispy and flavoursome, however the other travel bunnie and I struggled to finish them given the generous portion of the lamb shoulder.

Although I didn't taste my parents' dishes, judging from the satisfied look on their faces after dinner, I dare say that both the duck and the swordfish were pretty tasty.

We finished the night on a sweet note with Black Bird 'Rocky Road' Trifle ($22), a dessert that's not designed for the faint hearted. But in my case, I always have a spare stomach for desserts.


Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $188.50

















BlackBird Bar & Grill on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment