Plenty | 284 Montague Road, WEST END QLD 4101

With my expected due date fast approaching, I'm trying to spend as much alone time as I can with the other travel bunnie. I feel like I've become this demanding little girl. I hardly want to spend even a fraction of a second with anyone else but the other travel bunnie. Driven by my newly developed selfishness, I decided not to go back to the Gold Coast last weekend (when we usually would pay a visit to my parents at least every fortnight).

To start our Saturday, we decided to have breakfast at the much raved about Plenty in West End. The West End Farmers Market was on and it was almost impossible to find a parking spot. The other travel bunnie dropped me off at the front of the café so that we could get a table ASAP. The industrial space, turned food destination was jammed packed and filled with an aromatic smell of freshly grounded coffee beans.

The breakfast menu, which changes regularly was written on a huge blackboard. In the mood for something savoury, I opted for the Open sarny of chorizo, corn, cos, avocado & egg ($14.50) and the other travel bunnie decided on the Baked eggs w' Merguez sausage, spinach, fetta, tarator & herbs ($14.50). We placed our order at the counter at 9.32am.

So we sipped on our drinks; a mocha and a coconut water, raspberry and mint frappé. We waited and waited... twenty minutes and there was nothing. Thirty minutes and still nothing. This pregnant woman's gotta eat and I was way beyond hungry. I drew the line at forty minutes and asked a waitstaff on our food. And it worked! Our breakfast arrived five minutes later.

I wanted to hate the food but I couldn't. I found myself devouring the food off the plate like a Dyson. The combination of the chorizo, corn and avocado was so tasty and crunchiness of the cos lettuce worked wonders. I was surprised that such a simple dish could make me so happy. The other travel bunnie also loved the balance of saltiness and texture in his dish.

Turns out, if you have plenty of time, you can be guaranteed to get good food at this trendy breakky hotspot.

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $39.50








Plenty on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. this place looks so cool i really want to try it! id love it if youd comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/a-week-of-instagram-8.html xx

    ReplyDelete