SpaQ at QT Sydney | Sydney, AUSTRALIA

The elevator's door opened, before me was the entrance to SpaQ, which was rated by Condé Nast Traveler as one of the world's best new spas in 2013.


I was in need of a good facial. After all, I wanted my skin to look supple and radiant for our (then) upcoming trip to China as I knew that my appearance would be judged by my extended relatives who hadn't seen me in years and would no doubt make some harsh comments, albeit possibly not in front of my face.

Unlike other spas I've been to, SpaQ's décor has a rather quirky uniqueness with a vintage touch. Adjacent to the spa reception is The Barber Shop, offering everything from men's haircut to a traditional straight edge razor shave (Mr Bond : 40min / $80AUD).

I was booked in for a Hydramax Balancing Facial : 60min / $145 AUD. The facial took place at one of their spacious treatment rooms, which also comes with its separate shower. My therapist was a happy and chatty Sydneysider with wonderful techniques. As the facial's name suggests, it was all about nourishing and hydrating. Working in an office with air-con running non-stop certainly has made my skin dry and somewhat lifeless.

Although I couldn't see any dramatic difference in my skin after the hour long facial, I definitely felt completely relaxed and I was happy. I almost skipped on my way from the treatment room to the relaxation room where I enjoyed some herbal tea.

SpaQ also offers its guests with the use of their Hammam inspired steam and ice room, which I unfortunately didn't have the time to experience.

Would I go back there again? Most definitely.












View Larger Map

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment