The Meatball Company | 71-73 Melbourne Street, SOUTH BRISBANE QLD 4101

I spent most of the day baking at home today. Feeling quite proud of myself for successfully making salted caramel macarons, I declared to the other travel bunnie that I demand to be taken to the recently popular “The Meatball Company”.

The Meatball Company can be found on the ground level of the newly refurbished The Fox Hotel, which is conveniently situated across the river from the CBD.

The décor reminds me of one of the hip eateries in SoHo, New York City. I really like the black ceiling which is filled with chalk-like drawings of cute cows and sheep, you know, all the fluffy cute animals that you would like to be made into delicious meatballs.

The menu is simple. You've got six different meatballs and a number of sides to choose from. Unless you are extremely hungry, you'll find that one serve of meatballs with a side would be sufficient to satisfy your cravings. We had the pork & veal with a chili, tomato & roast pepper sauce and chicken & sweet corn with iceberg & crème fraiche ($15 for each serve of three generous sized meatballs).

The pork meat balls were delicious and the sauce had the perfect amount of spice, whereas the chicken meatballs had a slight sweetness with a hint of cracked pepper. I thoroughly enjoyed both of them and I think they are great value. We also had a side of seasonal greens with garlic butter ($9) and roasted potatoes with rosemary salt ($8) to share.
The service was pretty good and very friendly at the start, however as the night went on and the restaurant got busier, it was pretty obvious that the two waitstaff were not enough to cover the entire floor. It took fifteen minutes before we could get anyone's attention to place an order for a strawberry and cream ice-cream sandwich ($12). If we didn't wait for another twenty minutes for the dessert to come out, I probably would say that we had a fantastic gastropub style meal.

For $1 more, I would've had a perfect grilled popcorn parfait at Esq and let my taste buds run wild. So, I'm going to be honest and say that the ice-cream sandwich was below my expectations.

I would definitely go back for more meatballs, but if they don't put enough staff on the floor, I would have limited expectations for their service.

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $65. 




















Meatball Co. on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment