Puerto Sagua Cuban Cuisine | Miami, FLORIDA USA

We only had one night in Miami and we wanted to utilise the time wisely for the obvious reason – to eat as much food as possible.

Ultimately, there were two choices in mind for dinner: Joe's Stone Crab or Puerto Sagua, both of which are extremely popular among the locals.

We ended up going to Puerto Sagua, for its authentic Cuban cuisine as I had eaten my fair share of seafood on the holiday thus far. Also, I could think of plenty of places in Brisbane for delicious crab, but I'd struggle to come up with anywhere that serves authentic Cuban.

Puerto Sagua was packed. We stayed in the queue for about fifteen minutes while salivating over the look of the food that kept coming out of the kitchen.

I can't say that I had ever had Cuban food before and I was clueless as to what to order. At the waiter's recommendation, we started with a serve of Fried Pork Chunks. The succulent pork was followed by grounded beef and chicken, both dishes came with rice, black beans and fried plantains.

I finished the meal with a cup of Cuban coffee and the taste and texture of the coffee still lingers in my memory.

Our dinner at Puerto Sagua was absolutely delicious. If I stayed in Miami for a week, I probably would have gone to Puerto Sagua every second night (but would probably have exploded as the portion sizes were huge and made the food fantastic value for money).

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $50USD (including tips).














Puerto Sagua on Urbanspoon


View Larger Map

Share this:

, , , , ,

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your experiences with the tastes of Miami. It looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a fabulous time. Miami is a great city to visit! :)

      Delete