Bistro One Eleven | 111 Eagle Street, BRISBANE CBD QLD 4000

It was my birthday eve and the other travel bunnie had been asking me all day as to where I would like to go for dinner that night to celebrate. I didn't particularly feel like heading out for dinner. It was cold. The temperature had dropped a few degrees and all I wanted to do was to curl up on the couch and watch Hors de prix with the other travel bunnie.

So I suggested that we go to a fast food joint before heading home.

Somehow we ended up at Bistro One Eleven by Philip Johnson. We weren't looking for anything fancy, just a casual Friday night dinner for two on what felt like a winters night. They have the perfect menu for it.

We started with some bread and french butter ($6) and marinated olives ($8) while we waited for our main meals – saffron & pea risotto, seared scallops, guanciale ($32) and wild rabbit orechiette, marjoram, pancetta, reggiano ($32).

Both the presentation and the taste of the dishes were nothing over the top, they felt humble and homely, it was exactly what we were after. I loved the paper-thin sliced guanciale in my dish, it tossed soul into a simple plate of risotto.

It was one of those relaxing dinners that everyone needs sometimes. There's something about Bistro One Eleven, it's got class but not a trace of pretentiousness.

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $92. 
















Bistro One Eleven on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment