Hamptons Home Living | 180 Latrobe Terrace, PADDINGTON QLD 4064

Last Sunday morning, the other travel bunnie got up at 5am and went for a charity bike ride. Unfortunately for me, it meant that I had to have breakfast on my own.

So, I hopped onto a bus and headed to Paddington.

I love this suburb, for its quaint cafes and antique shops. Paddington is less than 10 minutes away from the CBD, but it's feels like an eccentric town of its own.

I went to Hamptons Home Living, a combined homewares store and cafe set in a Queenslander that's located on the top of the Latrobe Terrace. I found a table on the balcony outside which offered stunning views of the surrounding suburbs. The cafe was packed with people, which was probably the reason why I waited twenty minutes for a pot of Earl Grey. I didn't really mind the wait. I was bathed in sunshine and I had the Escape section of the weekend paper to read so I was pleased.

The tea ($5) arrived with my breakfast, beetroot cured salmon with crème fraiche on sourdough ($14). I must say that the owner of the cafe is indeed very generous with the servings of salmon. I was expecting thinly sliced salmon, so as you can imagine, I was ecstatic when I saw two pieces of thick cut salmon steaks. Bring on the omega-3.

The breakfast was pleasant and the décor of Hamptons Home Living was a bonus.

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $19















Hamptons Home Living on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment