Hotel le Notre Dame, Paris

Choosing a hotel in Paris was like stepping into a candy shop for me. There are so many different varieties to choose from. Well, to start with, you’ve got the prestige ones like The Ritz, Plaza Athenee and Le Maurice, then you’ve got the Small Luxury Hotels of the World like Le Bellechasse. And then, well, do you stay on the left or right bank?

So you now understand my frustration.

I’ve always been a fan of small boutique hotels with a touch of luxury and quirkiness. When I went to Paris last year in summer, I stayed at one of the boutique hotels designed by the famous haut couture designer Christian Lacroix. The hotel was beautifully decorated but the location was less convenient than it looked on the map. So this time, when I found a different hotel designed by the same designer with view of the Seine and the Notre Dame, I immediately put on an “oh-look-im-so-cute-and-let’s-stay-here” look to the hub and the hotel was booked straight away without hesitation.

The hotel itself screamed Christian Lacroix. Its wallpapers, its velvet chairs and tables, even the doors to its rooms. We booked a room with view to the Notre Dame and/or the Seine, so I was expecting something more than the ordinary Parisian streets. But can I just say, oh wow! The Notre Dame is just there for you to stare and admire. Okay, to put you into perspective, the hotel actually offers a channel which is sort of like a live surveillance camera at the Notre Dame. See what I mean?

I can’t emphasis enough on how convenient the hotel is. Both metro and RER are literally just around the corner, the Notre Dame is across the street, Shakespeare & Company is across the street (for all you book lovers out there!) and there are just about a million cafes downstairs.

The hotel offers breakfast at 9 euro per person. But we decided against it for the obvious reason. Our room was clean and big enough for us to jump around with excitements when we saw the view.

So if you are thinking about staying somewhere close to everything in the arty area of the town, I’d recommend this hotel for sure. 


Bunnie’s travel notes:

Bunnie's Room Number: 51

Number of rooms: 26

Swimming pool: No

Check-in/check-out times: 3pm and 12noon.

Price range: €168 - €270 per night







View Larger Map


You may also like…

Hotel du Petit Moulin

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

1 comments: