A few of my favourite things... | May 2017


Paris, my sweet: a year in the city of light (and dark chocolate) - I am a Francophile and I especially love everything Parisienne, so it was actually quite easy for me to fall in love with this book by Amy Thomas. I mean, Paris and pastries, what more could you want? A nonfiction account of the author’s yearlong experience in Paris as she moved from Manhattan to La Ville-Lumière to write advertisement copy for Louis Vuitton, the book is a light read, and the author’s descriptions of all those delicious treats that Paris has to offer had me almost drooling over the pages.  

Valentino Donna - I received this beautiful bottle of perfume from my best friend when she returned from a family holiday in London. Contained in a heavy studded glass bottle, the perfume opens fresh and floral as it contains accords of Italian bergamot, Bulgarian rose, iris absolute, patchouli, leather and vanilla. It’s soft, pretty and modern. I can’t wait to wear it more often in spring!

Intimo Allure Contour lingerie set - I came across Intimo and the private fitting services provided by Carys Martin late last year, and before that, I had no idea that I had been wearing the wrong size all along. I brought a crispy white set of Intimo’s Allure Contour lingerie with me to the Maldives. The set was so pretty with intricate lacy details and most importantly, extremely comfort as they fit me perfectly. Let’s face it, the last thing I want when I’m exploring a new destination is to have some uncomfortable bra on me the whole time! Have you ever had a professional private fitting session? 

Diorskin Forever Perfect Cushion Foundation - I’ve never been loyal to foundations, but this cushion foundation might stay as one of my staples. I picked it up at a duty-free shop in Singapore for almost $20 cheaper than the Australian retail price. I apply this foundation with a Beauty Blender instead of the supplied puff sponge. The texture is extremely light but the coverage is brilliant yet so natural and luminous, and most importantly, it stays on perfectly for a long time. 

Diptyque Limited Edition Rosa Mundi Candle - Developed in collaboration with Antoinette Poisson, this limited edition candle by Diptyque was released for Valentine’s Day, 2017. I ordered this online and when I received it, I was a little disappointed with glued-on floral motif candle jar. So I put it aside and didn’t take it out until this month, and absolutely fell in love with the romantic, fresh scent. I can’t wait to for the next Valentine’s Day limited edition to come out! 

Favourite Moment - I turned 30 in May this year. Yep, the big 3-0. I woke up that morning surrounded by the absolute beauty of an island in the Maldives, next to the man of my dream and the incredibly cute munchkin that we created. I was grateful. So grateful. Shortly after twelve, we hopped onto a speedboat and arrived at one of the few underwater restaurants in the world and enjoyed a delicious feast while watching the colourful tropical fish swim by us. When we returned back to our overwater villa, our room was decorated with countless balloons and a rich, decadent chocolate mud cake awaited me by the daybed next to our private pool overlooking the turquoise Indian Ocean. That night after Minibun George went to bed, the other travel bunnie and I, while cuddling, watched countless stars sparkle away upon the sky. It was the perfect day, only made possible by the people that I so dearly love. So I guess this month’s favourite moment lasted for way more than just a mere moment and the memory of which will last a lifetime in my heart.

Disclaimer: with thanks to Intimo and Carys Martin for providing me with this beautiful Allure Contour set. Please note that my opinion is as always, my own.




dolcebunnie, diorskin forever cushion foundation









Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment