Lord of the Wings | Shop R2/322 Moggill Road, INDOOROOPILLY QLD 4068

There should be a disclaimer next to the Lord of the Wings’ name. Sure, they do fantastic wings, but day-um, they do awesome ribs too, not to mention some fantastic onion rings! 

Located on prominent frontage at the popular Station Road dining precinct of Indooroopilly Shopping Centre, Lord of the Wings (LOTW) is a super cas’ eatery that without a doubt provides its patrons with a great time and a very full belly. The hardest part of the whole experience will be those few minutes spent early on contemplating which sauce out of the entire twenty flavours on offer to have your crispy chicken wings basted in. I spent those few minutes debating with my conscious as follows - “OMG, the buffalo suicide sound insane; Oh wow, they have creamy cajun. Hmmm… honey mustard, yum! I don’t know which flavour to get. Okay, I’ll just get the teriyaki. Oh wait, they have spicy garlic parmesan!”. No judgement, please. Dude, with a chilled Coronarita (margarita slushy topped off with an inverted ice cold Corona, genius, really) and a basketful of chicken wings your night is truly set!

There’s no doubt that LOTW does great wings, but the other menu items are definitely worth a mention too. On my recent visit, I shared a full rack of their baby back ribs with the other travel bunnie. Dominating a sizeable wooden plank with accompaniments of coleslaw and crispy fries, the ribs arrived beaming with a  glossy coating of tantalisingly sweet bbq sauce with just a hint of smokiness. The slow cooked pork was so juicy and tender. By the time I finished the ribs, my fingers were sticky and my face was decorated with smears of sauce. It was so satisfying, and thankfully, our waiter had brought over enough Cools & Dries to allow me to leave presented the way I arrived. Knowing the importance of a balanced diet, we had a side of their crunchy Caesar salad. By the way, LOTW does the best onions rings I have ever tasted; served with bbq dipping sauce, the onions rings were extremely crispy and addictive.

It appeared that word had already gotten out as the restaurant was completely packed as we wiped our hands clean of our carnivorous feast. 

PS. I highly recommend a booth table, because you’ll want somewhere to lean on during, and after a meal of satisfying meaty goodness. 

Disclaimer: with thanks to LOTW for welcoming DolceBunnie and family to the property as invited guests, please note that my opinion is as always, my own.















Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment