Spring Menu Launch at The Victoria Park Bar & Bistro | 223 Herston Road, BOWEN HILLS QLD 4006

I woke up yesterday morning feeling very excited because I had a breakfast menu launch to attend at Victoria Park Bar & Bistro. Having been to Victoria Park recently and leaving with a very satisfied tummy, I could only imagine how tantalising the food was going to be at the launch. 

Celebrating their 85th birthday this year, Victoria Park is, without a doubt, one of Brisbane’s entertainment icons, thanks to their golf, events, and dining facilities all packed in a vast green sanctuary that’s only two kilometres away from the heart of the city. Walking past the herb and vegetable gardens, I found myself mesmerised by what was in front of my eyes - it was like a hidden oasis somewhere in Mykonos (sans the dazzling turquoise water). I found the vibrant coloured bougainvillaea vines that were creeping up to the roof of the patio extraordinarily beautiful. The decor of the bistro was equally stunning but with a refreshing, chilled vibe. The bistro is even equipped with fun games like a giant scrabble board, connect four, table tennis and giant wooden Jenga!

I made my way to the coffee cart to place an order for my first dose of caffeine, before grabbing a freshly made cold press juice and finding my seat at the elegantly decorated long, white linen dressed table. Breakfast chef Andrew Tolley (ex King Arthur Cafe) spoke to us about the newly launched breakfast menu and the team’s philosophy of supporting local growers and suppliers. Through his speech, it wasn’t hard to see his passion for providing healthy, moreish breakfast options for their customers. Speaking of the menu, I think most people will have a pretty difficult time deciding as all the dishes sound very inviting. After a little struggle, I picked the cured ocean trout with hash, apple and fennel remoulade and poached eggs ($21) and it tasted uh-mazing. What I loved most about the menu is that every dish was well designed and quite different to the somewhat boring bacon and eggs that you get from a lot of cafes around town. Of course, I was also eyeing off other people’s dishes, especially the parsnip skordalia with bacon, peas, spinach, buttered croutons and egg ($18) and the Mt Cotton mushrooms with corn and zucchini cauliflower “couscous”, scrambled eggs and parsley ($18). Just before I left, I tried some buttermilk pancakes with toffee, apple and ice cream ($16), and if you are a sweet person, you’re gonna love those thick and fluffy pancakes for breakfast.

I left the event feeling energised and nourished. I can’t wait to bring Minibun George back there so that he can have some Dutch pancakes with maple syrup, berries and ice cream ($12) from the kid's menu!

Disclaimer: with thanks to Victoria Park for welcoming DolceBunnie to the property as an invited guest but please note that my opinion is as always, my own.




























Victoria Park Bar & Bistro Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment