NKB Express | 100 Coonan Street, INDOOROOPILLY QLD 4068

I took Minibun George to Indooroopilly Shopping Centre yesterday, but instead of eating at Hakataya Ramen like we always do, I decided to have something else for a change. About a 5 minute walk down the road from the Station Road exit of the shopping centre, is NKB Express, a diner-style eatery that serves up breakfast bagels, sweet waffles and burgers, with milkshakes and sodas to match. 

The moment I stepped in, I was charmed by the decor of this place, a major throwback to the 1940s; black and white tiles, olive green booths, and nostalgic photos and posters hanging on the wall, including the iconic photograph, V-J Day in Times Square. Most of the menu items are named after something that’s New York City related. You have the Meat Packer ($12) which is a burger of Wagyu beef with bacon jam, pepper jack cheese, mustard mayo, cos, tomato and pickle, or the Broadway ($12) -  waffles with berry compote, maple syrup and cream. I ordered a junior Greenwich ($8) for Minibun George, a mini burger made with organic chicken breast with corn & avocado salsa, chipotle mayo and cos. It even came with a juice box, which I thought was pretty good value for money. I decided to go with the Midtown ($12) - Buffalo marinated chicken breast, cos, tomato, bacon and blue cheese sauce. My burger was huge and unlike Minibun George, I couldn’t finish mine. I blame it on those damn delicious sweet potato fries ($5); served with mustard mayo, the chunky fries were crunchy and addictive, I literally felt guilty leaving a few behind. 

I can see myself just rocking up at NKB Express munching on sweet potato fries and drinking Hershey’s Chocolate thick shakes all the time… No judgement please.


Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $28.50













NKB Express Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment