NeNe Chicken | 91 Queen Street, BRISBANE QLD 4000

Calling all fried chicken lovers out there! Yes, You! You need to get yourself to NeNe Chicken in the city, STAT! I was super excited when I found out about the opening of NeNe Chicken, a fast food chain founded in Korea in 1999. I am THE biggest fan of fried chicken. There was a brief period in my life that I would eat fried chicken every single day after work, I’m not even kidding you. 

Last Friday, I insisted on picking up the other travel bunnie from work so that we could have NeNe Chicken together. Located in Myer Center, the space isn’t exactly big but luckily we got there early and easily scored a table. I ordered the NeNe Dosirak ($10.90) - 2 pieces of fried chicken, Korean black rice, kimchi and Korean garden salad, while the other travel bunnie had 4 pieces of the garlic flavoured fried chicken ($12.45). We also had the sweet corn cup ($3.95) and tornado potato ($4.50) on the side but I thought both of them were quite disappointing. BUT, my bulgogi fried chicken was damn delicious. It was super crispy, sweet and garlicky… Let’s face it, there is something satisfying about chewing crispy chicken skin and juicy meat. The  other travel bunnie’s garlic flavoured fried chicken tasted quite boring and overpowering by comparison. The people at NeNe Chicken are so considerate, they even provide you with plastic gloves so that you don’t get your hands greasy!

We finished our meal with 2 soft serves in the flavours of black sesame and green tea, pretty good value given that they were $2 each. I’m looking forward to my next visit to NeNe Chicken, but next time, I won’t waste my money on the sides, I’ll jump straight into the bulgogi chicken. 

Say “YES YES” to NeNe Chicken. 


Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $39.70








NeNe Chicken Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment