Cafe O-Mai | 15 Cracknell Road, ANNERLEY QLD 4103

Cafe O Mai is one of those places that guarantees a great feed. My first dining experience at Cafe O Mai was back in 2014, for breakfast. To this day, I still remember the delicious taste of Aunty Five's claypot baked eggs with Vietnamese lemongrass and chilli pork sausage, spring onion and tamarind sauce with sourdough. The food looked so good, a fellow Instagrammer decided to steal my photo, but that’s a story for another day. 

Minibun George recently caught a virus that’s been making us very flu-y, so the other travel bunnie decided to stay at home to look after us for a day. He asked what I wanted for lunch, and I thought, sometimes all you need is a good pho… 

15 minutes later, we arrived at Cafe O Mai, a family run business that’s been providing good Vietnamese food for a few years in the neighbourhood of Annerley. Since our last visit, Cafe O Mai has expanded and freshened up its decor, so walking into the eatery, I wondered if the food would still be as good. And the answer was yes. 

The service was prompt and shortly after we were seated, our order was taken. Not long later, a bowl of steaming combination pho ($14) came out from the kitchen, along with chicken spring rolls ($7) and com ga nuong ($15) - marinated chargrilled boneless chicken served with jasmine rice and salad. It was a great feed as expected! The chicken was extremely tender, the spring rolls were crunchy and tasty. As for the pho, its broth was brewed for over 48 hours, and with some fresh bird’s eye chilli, the dish was packed full of flavour and just the perfect amount of punch. I washed down the firing chilli taste in my mouth with a glass of iced Vietnamese coffee ($5.50), which gave me instant relief, while the other travel bunnie watched on, sipping his Charlie don’t surf ($6.50) - a refreshing juice made with pineapple, apple, mint and ginger. 

I’m glad that I revisited Cafe O Mai, it surely did not disappoint. 


Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $48















Cafe O-Mai Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment