DolceBunnie x Phatboys | Food Truck Series

Last Sunday, before heading over to my in-laws, we made a quick stopover at the Bardon Community Markets because we wanted to track down Phatboys, the food truck. 

Phatboys are responsible for serving up delicious Portuguese food in Brisbane, creating some seriously mouthwatering market eats. The menu consists of a few options, but all of these options are promised to impress. The fact that they use locally sourced ingredients is also a huge bonus. You’ll be happy to know that the meat used is from Meat at Billy’s. While wifey and hubby team Sabrina and Jorge (ex Aria!!!) worked in the kitchen, I took a few shots and found out some more details about the Phatboys.

I ordered the Portuguese chicken ($12) which was extremely tender and flavoursome, and I loved the hint of smokiness of the meat. Grandma’s marinated flame grilled chicken was accompanied by a side salad made with super food celebrity, kale. Made with wholesome veggies then drizzled with a vinaigrette dressing the salad tasted really unique and I can’t say that I’ve had anything similar to it before. It was the perfect side dish to the chicken, but of course, if you want to add the “phat” factor, you can have a side of batatas fritas! I watched the other travel bunnie devour his Phatboy’s Prego ($12) - marinated rump steak in a traditional roll while wrestling mini bun George for the next mouthful. Judging by the satisfied look on his face, I think it was a pretty damn tasty. 

So next time if you’re after some delicious comfort food that won’t burn a hole in your wallet or make you regret and feel the immediate need to hit the gym the next day, think Phatboys. 


Disclaimer: the bunnies received the meals free of charge, however my opinion is as always, my own.











Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment