Bucci launches new lunch menu | 11/15 James Street, FORTITUDE VALLEY QLD 4006

My first Bucci experience was an accidental discovery. The other travel bunnie and I had been out for dinner and we happened to walk past Bucci when I became distracted by the Fornasetti-cross-renaissance design of the bar. I quickly checked out the menu and decided to have some dessert. I vividly remember the deliciousness of the cannoli filled with rosemary ricotta, dark chocolate and praline sauce and since that encounter, we had been back with our close friends for a complete dinner affair and it did not disappoint. 

Bucci was the talk of the town for a long time and this week, they celebrated their 3rd birthday. Along with the celebration, Bucci has released a new lunch menu which is divided into four digestible sections - pesce (fish),  carne (meat), verdure (vegetables) and dolce (desserts). It is designed in a way so that everyone can enjoy a quality, delicious yet speedy lunch in a relaxed environment. Ahead of the birthday celebration, I was invited to the try the new lunch menu. I brought mum as my plus one and minibun George decided to tag along as well. 

Mum was the perfect plus one because she’s not, hmm how should I put this, she’s not very adventurous when it comes to food. She thinks homemade Chinese (by her) is the best. So having her there with me was the perfect opportunity to get her raw, honest opinion. First up, we shared a carprese salad ($15) made with sweet ripe heirloom tomatoes, buffalo mozzarella, fresh basil & garlic. Mum didn’t look impressed as she thought that it didn’t involve any “cooking”. For me, looking at the salad made me happy. Seriously. It took me back to Europe, on a sizzling hot summer day when the heat from the sun caressed every part of my skin. I remember being hungry from from all the walking around yet I just couldn't possibly imagine devouring a whole plate of ragu because that would have been too heavy. A nice plate of salad. Simple, yet so refreshingly pleasant. The sweetness from the juicy tomatoes, the aromatic scent from the basil, the creaminess of the buffalo mozzarella with just the right amount of dressing that is as sweet as it is acidic with just a hint of garlic. Oh the pure pleasure. 

Mum had the crab linguine ($26) for lunch and she absolutely loved it. If I was eating with the other travel bunnie, I would’ve claimed it as my own and eaten it, but in this case I let mum have it, being the good daughter that I am. The linguine was cooked with local spanner crab, chilli, parsley & lemon. It was a dish that evoked all sense. Upon receiving the dish, you immediately get the scent of the aromatic garlic, which is then replaced with the spiciness of the chilli as you place the al dente pasta into you mouth, but then the heat in your mouth is soon taken over by the sweet flesh of spanner crab. You’ve gotta try the crab linguine when you go to Bucci.  Not doing so is the equivalent sin of going to Naples without having any pizza. 

If you are a fan of seafood, then you might like to order the Italian fish & chips. What? What’s the difference between traditional fish & chips and the Italian version? That was my question when I saw this dish on the menu. For $29, you will be presented with mixed local seafood fried with patate fritte, lemon & accompaniments. Served on newspaper-like paper, the seafood is placed inside of a cardboard box with Bucci proudly printed on top. Fish fillets, prawns, scallops, mussels, just to name a few; I was spoilt for choices. Not to mention how good the house-made ketchup and tartar sauce is.

Just when I thought that I couldn’t be any happier with my lunch, our waiter, a cheerful guy with an Italian accent, who definitely set the scene given we were dining at an Italian restaurant, brought out the desserts - cannoli filled with lemon curd & toasted Italian meringue ($12) which is available for dinner service but co-owner and executive chef Shaun kindly offered to me at lunch, as well as Bucci’s new take on crème brûlée. Both desserts were as tantalising as they looked. Served in a pot with cameralised sugar sealed on top, I thought the presentation of the crème brûlée was so innovative and fun! 

You know what, all these things that I’ve written are just words, they are just blah, blah, blah based on my experience. Go and let Bucci transport you to Italy! 


Disclaimer: DolceBunnie was an invited guest of Bucci, however my opinion is as always, my own. 
















Bucci on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment