Bread & Meat Co. | 200 Mary Street, BRISBANE CBD QLD 4000

Late last week the other travel bunnie and I met up with S and X for a casual lunch catch up at Bread & Meat Co in the CBD. We picked the venue due to its convenient location (across the road from our bunnie pad) and its popular gourmet sandwiches. Lunch time at the Bread & Meat Co. in the city is always busy, so in order to avoid the crowds it's not a bad idea to get your lunch delivered to your office with a reasonable minimal spend.

Both the boys decided on having the sliders trio board ($12.50) with porchetta & crackling w' salsa verde on ciabatta, beef brisket w' horseradish aioli and Swiss cheese on a fresh baguette and BBQ pulled pork w fresh coleslaw on a brioche bun. I love this option as I think it's great for first-timers who may not know what to order, or in my case, those that are just too greedy and want a bit of everything. My personal favourite of the sliders  is the pulled pork, although the brioche bun for this particular sandwich is quite thin and the bottom half of the bun usually gets rather soggy from the heavily sauced juicy pork.

S and I both really liked the sound of buffalo chicken salad with spinach, coleslaw mix and blue cheese($9.50). In comparison to the boys' dish, we thought that the salad was slightly underwhelming as the chicken wasn't that crispy and the salad tasted a little bland. I guess from now on, I'll stick to what this place does best, gourmet sandwiches.

I just recently found out that Bread & Meat Co. in the city also offers breakfast! I think I might have to check it out sometime next week.

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $25








Bread & Meat Co on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment