Moray Cafe | 158 Moray Street, NEW FARM QLD 4005

It was an accidental discovery. The other travel bunnie and I were researching for our trip to New York when we came across Buttermilk Channel, an American institution located in Brooklyn known for their fried chicken with cheddar waffles. So on a cold and windy December day, we jumped onto the F train from west 42nd Street between Fifth Avenue and Sixth Avenue to get our cravings satisfied. We got there at a bad time as the bistro was closed until dinner service and given that we were on a tight schedule, we never tried their fried chicken and waffles. Ever since, every now and then I have huge hankerings for that dish.

I was browsing on the internet the other day when I got distracted by the breakfast menu at the Moray Cafe. My eyes fixated on the Southern fried chicken breakfast with American style savoury waffles, chilli fried eggs, corn salsa and French coriander ($23.50). I almost chocked on my saliva when I read it. Straight away I messaged the other travel bunnie to inform him of my exciting discovery, and that’s how we ended up at the Moray Cafe a short while ago. Yes, I know that it is a quite long introduction to this blog post, but at least now you understand my obsession with fried chicken and waffles.

Breakfast was awesome and it sure did satisfy my cravings. As soon as I drank my rocky road milkshake ($6) (well, it was the other travel bunnie’s to start off with), I knew that breakfast would be good. The milkshake was insanely good, you should try it. Having said that, the iced mocha ($5) was pretty delicious too. 

The chicken dish is definitely not for the fainthearted presented proudly in generous servings. The other travel bunnie and I shared it with a side of a fruit plate ($13.50) which also comes with coconut yoghurt and fresh honeycomb. Although the chicken was slightly on the dry side, the problem was easily solved with the tasty salsa. I quite enjoyed the savoury waffles’ soft and doughy texture, and thought that it created a nice contrast against the crispiness of the chicken pieces. 

Since our visit the Moray Cafe has updated their menu, but the Southern Fried Chicken with American Style savoury waffles is still available. Something tells me that we will be back in no time. 

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $48.00









Moray Cafe on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment