Rogue Bar + Bistro | 14 Austin Street, NEWSTEAD QLD 4006

So Saturday came and we hardly had anything in the fridge.  Had I purposely forgotten to buy enough groceries to make a decent breakfast on the weekend? Perhaps… but that’s completely beside the point.

The sun was out and it was a great feeling to be driven around by the other travel bunnie in our Rangie, which mind you, still has the smell of new leather that I’m intensely addicted to.

We pulled up in front of the Rogue Bar + Bistro which is located on a quiet, industrial street in Newstead. It wasn’t particularly busy for a Saturday morning, with only two tables occupied. We sat down at a table outside and concentrated on the menu to decide on what to have.

It’d been a while since I had anything sweet for breakfast, so I opted for the French toast: brioche + mixed berries + praline + strawberry gel + chantilly ($16) and the other travel bunnie ordered the breakkie roll: crispy bacon + fried eggs + hash brown + house bbq sauce + damper ($17). The presentation of both dishes was fantastic, especially the French toast. It was almost too pretty to eat, well almost… It was exactly what I was after; something sweet but not too sweet for an empty stomach, but it was definitely not the best brioche French toast I’ve had. I also had half of the breakkie roll which I thought was slightly disappointing, it tasted good, but it reminded me of a deluxe version of a breakfast McMuffin. The hash brown was in no way crispy and rather soggy. The house bbq sauce on the other hand was delicious.

Rogue Bar + Bistro provides a fantastically relaxing space and I think it’s a nice option if you want to enjoy some peace and quiet over breakfast with a cup of coffee (or two).

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $42











Rogue Bar + Bistro on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment